Top Backend Frameworks for Web App Development in 2022
Jul 26, 2022 |
10 minutes read
Web frameworks have become essential for creating frontend and backend web applications. It contributes to technological complexity and assists in developing key web platforms. Backend Development Services frequently struggle to discover backend frameworks that are scalable and quick, with so many options available. The following is a list of popular backend platforms for developing web applications. Continue reading to learn more!
In 2022, what are the best backend frameworks to utilize for Web development?
Backend web app frameworks give your online projects scalability, flexibility, and fast development. Check out each one in detail!
Popularity of frameworks in last 1 year
Popular Backend Frameworks in Search (by Google Trends)
Laravel is a relatively new but highly successful PHP framework. It was founded in 2011 and has since grown to become the most popular web framework, taking the top position by 2022. Compared to other platforms, Laravel’s widespread popularity is likely due to its ability to manage complex online applications with complete security and efficiency. It also streamlines development by cutting down on routine activities such as sessions, routing, queuing, and authentication. Laravel development is a fantastic choice for businesses that want to create large-scale web apps quickly.
- Laravel includes Blade templating engine for its views, making it unique among other PHP frameworks.
- Laravel provides object-oriented libraries that many developers prefer.
- Eloquent ORM (object-relational mapping) is used in Laravel, which provides advanced Active Record implementation for working with your database.
Since its release in 2006, CodeIgniter has become a popular open-source PHP framework for developing websites and applications. It allows you to connect to the database and perform various operations like sending emails, uploading large files, and managing sessions by connecting to the database. It also has robust libraries, plug-ins, and helpers to help you do more with complicated activities and procedures.
The codeIgniter development model is intended to optimize the performance of programmers who build apps using frameworks to turn a primary platform into a superior one.
- It has a very small footprint which requires minimal server requirements.
- CodeIgniter provides object-oriented libraries for advanced features.
- It has a simple installation process.
- A CodeIgniter development company can help you harness the power of this framework to create sophisticated web applications.
CakePHP is a mature and stable open-source PHP framework that has been around since 2005. It follows the MVC design pattern and provides a wide range of libraries, helpers, and plug-ins to make your development process easier. CakePHP also has built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, SQL injection prevention, and Form tampering protection, making it a secure choice for website development. CakePHP development services are ideal for businesses that want a reliable and secure framework for their web development needs.
- MVC architecture
- Built-in security tools
- Wide range of libraries and helpers
Django is a popular Python web framework that’s free, open-source, and includes numerous features. Database-driven complex websites can be developed with this free solution. The Washington Post, Spotify, and Dropbox are some of the best Django apps.
Startups who value high-quality websites will benefit from Django web development. There are three formats you can use with this framework: XML, JSON, and HTML. In 2021, Django was the most desired web development framework according to StackOverflow.
- Because of caching and repurposing capabilities, it is highly scalable.
- It eliminates several security hazards, including SQL injections, CSRF attacks, and XSS.
- Developers may use packages to save time.
- It’s available on all major platforms, and it supports reactive and asychronous programming.
A micro framework written in Python called Flask. A pre-existing library or form validation is not present. It can add functionality to online applications, which gives it a lot of extensibility possibilities. The Mozilla Foundation, LinkedIn, Netflix, CRED, trivago, Lyft, Reddit, Lyft (acquired by Uber), and Airbnb (acquired by Microsoft) all used it.
- Flask is easy to get started with as it has very little boilerplate code
- flask is easy to extend and build on as it has a lot of extensions available
- Flask’s templating language jinja is very versatile
Perl is a framework for both backends and frontends. As opposed to PHP, it has a finer separation between business logic, URLs, request routing, and output. Web development can be simplified using Perl frameworks such as Catalyst, Dancer, and Mojolicious.
- Perl is very versatile and can be used for a wide range of tasks
- Perl has a large community and many modules available, which makes development easier
- It supports POSIX-compliant systems and procedures and socket calls with other advanced capabilities.
- It’s an excellent text processing framework.
Ruby on Rails
- The Ruby on Rails programming language is equipped with many functions to create a high-quality database accessible and common activities framework.
- When developers use a code-sharing framework, they can combine their work to create bigger applications.
- As a result of the RoR, the developers write fewer lines of code and spend less time testing them. As a result, you save both time and effort while still getting excellent results.
- Express is very fast as it uses cache-control
- Express is easy to use as it has a simple routing API
- Express can be extended with various middleware modules
Choosing the finest backend technology for your project depends on a variety of criteria such as project size, complexity, type, and demands. Laravel, Ruby on Rails, and Express.js are some of the most popular backend technologies you can use for your project. You can also contact a Laravel development company for expert help in this matter. What’s important is that you select a framework that would be able to scale with your project as it grows and provides all the features you need.